Role: Account Manager
Reporting to: Regional Service Director
Location: Customer Services, Birmingham / West Midlands area
Objective of role:
Due to sustained growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an aspiring and personable Account Manager / Commercial Manager to form part of the Customer Services team.
You will be responsible for managing a small, highly independent team whilst also maximising revenue generation and invoicing across all service revenue streams. You will also manage a number of high profile service accounts and collaborate with the customer services and field operations managers to ensure timely completion of projects, scheduled maintenance visits and chargeable repairs. The overall focus of the role will be to deliver first class customer service on time, at all times.
You will report directly to the UK & Ireland Service Director and may also be considered to act as a deputy to the Regional Service Director or perform other duties commensurate with the role.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Drive Service Revenues – manage and drive improved service revenues across all revenue streams. Contract base, Project revenues, Chargeable repairs, Parts and Consumables sales.
- Customer Account Management – be a customer advocate and manage the revenues and KPI’s for a number of key service customers. Developing customer relationships and delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- Monthly service outlook – have responsibility for monthly achievement of the service revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities – create a pipeline of opportunities. Position Avery Berkel as the supplier of choice across the retail weighing market.
- Manage service growth campaigns – including commercial pack management, pricing and associated marketing.
- Service Tool Box and 80/20 business process champion.
- Management of company CRM and ERP systems to ensure maximized service output
- Develop new & innovative ways to efficiently manage customer requirements.
- Provision of work leadership and mentoring to lower level professional and technical staff.
We are looking for the person who can escalate our game, and who seeks a challenging and empowering environment from which to grow. We pride ourselves in offering exciting opportunities with room for training and progression.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will work in a team-oriented office environment. Some travel will be required.
Avery Berkel is part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW). We are a multinational business with an excellent world-wide reputation. The company is a trusted brand name and a recognised leader among commercial food equipment worldwide.
ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 57 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
Please send your application, including a detailed CV outlining your current responsibilities, skills, relevant experience and reasons why you are a suitable applicant for the position to Debbie Weaver, HR Administrator, Avery Berkel, Foundry Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 2LP. Alternatively email email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 11th January, 2019
- Customer focussed with an understanding of the Retail sector
- Account Management / Internal Sales experience would be an advantage
- Interact and speak with customers
- The ability to develop relationships with existing and identify new opportunities
- Experience selling equipment and/or software solutions
- MS Office proficiency essential
Strategically Positions Business to Win in Markets
- Demonstrates sound business judgment
- Commercial acumen
- Competently analyses & interrogates data to best position the Avery Berkel brand
- Anticipates future trends – does not only focus on current results
- Guides with tools and processes needed to be efficient and effective
- Builds effective relationships
- Allocates internal resources appropriately
- Budgets & forecasts effectively
- Communicates critical information clearly, succinctly, and in a timely way
- Manages conflicting priorities
Develops and Manages Talent
- Develops and delivers appropriate support to maximize teams potential
- Helps others understand how their choices and decisions impact the business
- Motivates to deliver results
- Uses personal influence rather than position power to get things done
- Candid self-awareness of his or her strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates courage to fail and learn from mistakes
- Displays personal composure under pressure
- Responds quickly and decisively to changing situations
- Acts ethically and with integrity in all dealings
- Holds self and others accountable for living the ITW culture and values