Role: Apprentice Software Engineer
Reporting to: Software Development Manager
We are seeking an ambitious, bright and enthusiastic A Level Apprentice Software Engineer to join our established and experienced team.
As the A Level Apprentice Software Engineer, you will be working while studying at Aston University in Birmingham. The Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship consists of full-time campus learning at Aston University for 6 weeks and then an agreed time / day-release basis to complete modules through distance learning with ‘pre-set’ campus learning dates over the following 4 years.
You will receive on-site work experience at head office working closely with the members of the Avery Berkel software team, giving exposure to the full software development cycle leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation. We offer freedom to flourish with supportive mentoring.
You will get first-hand experience working on challenging projects using Java and data integration tools.
Requirements and Prospects
Develop Skills in:
- Investigation and diagnosis of issues reported by customers
- Maintenance of existing software to fix issues and add new features
- Building and testing of software releases
- Creating software release notes
- Writing requirements and test specifications
- Coding in C++ and Java
- Software testing & debugging
- Software version management (SVN)
- Software change management (Redmine)
- To assist with technical duties in related departments, if requested by the Software Manager, broaden your skills and knowledge within the Avery Business.
- Keen interest in technology and computing
- Energetic and motivated starter, with an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills
- Well organised
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Competent in using software applications
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Competitive Package
- 26 days annual holiday allowance (plus bank holidays)
- Employer enhanced pension scheme up to 11%
- Opportunity to be a leading part of a growing team providing an innovative product into the consumer retail sector
- A wide range of career development opportunities across a diverse global group of companies
A levels (level 3), in a minimum of three subjects equivalent to BBC including maths and preferably a computer science, plus A*-C or 9-4 GCSE qualification in English and maths.
With over 200 years of rich heritage, this specialist company has always been associated with trust and integrity. Over the years, they have proven they understand the changing nature of markets and customer needs in line with the ever-changing world around us. In doing so, they have built a reputation for constantly evolving to deliver exactly what the customer wants with visionary performance, technical advances and design triumphs.
Today, this is an international business with an excellent world-wide reputation. A trusted brand name associated with making a wide range of quality, innovative products.
Please send your application, including a detailed CV outlining your current responsibilities, skills, relevant experience and reasons why you are a suitable applicant for the position to Debbie Weaver, HR Administrator, email email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE Wednesday 31st July, 2019
Please follow this link to view our Job Application Privacy Notice.