Position: Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer
Reporting to: Electrical/Mechanical Design Manager
Location: R&D Department, Head Office (Smethwick, West Midlands)
Avery Berkel is based in Smethwick, Birmingham / West Midlands, and is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer to form part of a product development team designing and supporting the production implementation of electronic retail scales and other associated equipment. The selected candidate will report to the Electrical/Mechanical Design Manager.
The Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer will form a crucial part of the product development team designing and supporting the production implementation of electronic retail scales and other associated equipment. This senior role is responsible for developing the hardware concept through to the detail circuit design, PCB layout and electrical test and development.
Throughout the product development cycle the successful candidate’s responsibilities will ideally include (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
- Providing technical leadership for the design & support of electrical and electronic hardware components of Avery Berkel products.
- Proposal & development of concepts in collaboration with sales prior to the issue of any official commercial specification.
- Developing from these concepts a product hardware architecture.
- Component selection and circuit design/capture using ECAD (Altium).
- Product electrical safety review to EN60950 and other applicable international standards.
- Design and development/test for EMC/RFI.
- Partnering with manufacturing, vendors and suppliers to develop components for prototype devices or systems, meeting cost targets for the project.
- Liaison with manufacture & suppliers to ensure DFMEA principles met.
- As part of a product DFMEA review, creation of robust hardware test plans.
- PCB layout using Altium.
- Hardware documentation/release/maintenance (i.e. bill of materials, drawings and specifications) using company PDM system (Smarteam).
- Product test and development.
- Troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of engineering project issues.
- Electrical/electronic prototyping (bench skills).
- Periodic review of all hardware based procedures.
- Provision of existing product line support in design activities and/or modification of hardware in production to ensure quality.
- Provision of work leadership and mentoring to lower level professional and technical staff.
- Provide technical leadership to support ITW toolbox projects including In-Lining, MRD, PLS and 80/20 evaluations.
If you are at the top of your game and want to join us at Avery Berkel, a valued and respected brand, whose next generation solutions will lead our domain, then here are the qualifications and responsibilities;
- Ideally qualified to bachelor’s degree or at a minimum HND level in electrical/electronic engineering.
- 8+ years of engineering-related experience with digital electronic circuit design and development.
- Experience in the use of a PCB CAD package (preferably Altium).
- Experience in design and development/test for EMC/RFI.
- Understand and proficient in all computer-related software packages (Microsoft Office, etc.) and additional technologies as required to move engineering projects forward.
- The ability to build relationships within the business arena, across the organization, and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, consultative skills and presentation skills are required with the ability to prioritize and follow up.
- Must be a creative thinker, adaptable, flexible, and have a sense of urgency along with a high level organizational and task planning skills
- Proven ability to design projects on time and within cost targets
- Proven ability to design product for global customers and global regulatory codes experience
Avery Berkel is part of the ITW Food Equipment Group, an Illinois Tool Works Fortune 200 company, and is a recognised leader among commercial food equipment worldwide.
We are looking for the person who can escalate our game, and who seeks a challenging, empowering engineering environment from which to grow.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will work in a team-oriented office engineering environment. Some travel may be required.
Please send your application, including a detailed CV outlining your current responsibilities, skills, relevant experience and reasons why you are a suitable applicant for the position to Debbie Weaver, HR Administrator, Avery Berkel, Foundry Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 2LP. Alternatively email email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 11th January, 2019